Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Happenings

Well on Tuesday we celebrated Valentines Day early and saw Mamma Mia. It was rather good. We both enjoyed it. But boy was it cold getting there.

I'm sure you all have read about the snow that's affected Atlanta. We both went home early, most everyone was let out. But we still got home moderately early. We were going to see Percy Jackson and the Lightning thief, but instead watched more Farscape, which is as good as I remember it being. Also, there were clearly a few episodes we missed. The snow was gone by the afternoon and I was able to run my monthly gaming group. It also looks like we'll be restarting the bi weekly group (different group) up again fairly soon which should be awesome.

My last day at Suntrust was finished yesterday. Awesome place to work in some ways, my boss was great and offered to act as a reference in the future. The security was annoying but I did get to work in one of the great big data centers where they have the mainframes etc. That was a bit of a first for me..but I had like...multiple badges that I had to keep on me pretty much all of the time. All of that has now been handed back. The BATHROOMS were outside the main area and required a special code to get in. BATHROOMS?! It was also nice to be able to take Marta to work and go through a few hamster tubes to get to work.

What else? We played a few wii games over the weekend before last. We both enjoy Lego Star Wars, though the sections where there is no obvious way to progress are REALLY annoying. Challenges are one thing, trying to figure out what to do next with out a reasonably clear path are just...frustratingly stupid. Jay and Dee helped us with Other People's Musicals which is coming along nicely. THE COMPUTER OF DOOM IS FINALLY UP. It has a functional graphics card, and I've got some trial software that I'm editing and putting the movie together on. I'll be working more with Jay on Monday to finish it.

No comments: