Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Plod

Other Blogs
-----------
Review: Forever Odd
Review: Movie: Splice
Review: Movie: Toy Story 3
Writing Blog: Progress
Poetry/Politics: More Emo Poetry

So the Friday before last I went out to see Toy Story 3. I liked it so much that Grandma, Mom and I went the next Friday. It was important to me that they see it in the theater. No regrets there.

Sent Kalina my tent, I'm not using it. It is rather small...much too small for me. I'm gonna have to get and/or rent a special one but fortunately REI is just AWESOME for that. The membership is totally awesome, unlike most, you only pay it once EVER and if you only go camping two or three times a year it totally pays for itself. You can rent tents and backpacks for dirt cheap. Yes, it can make some economical sense to just buy it yourself, but you also have to store it, and the quality you get by renting it is much higher than if you buy it. Especially in my case where I need a special tent due to my overly largish looming frame.

For the 4th of July we watched "Watchmen" which I regard as thematically appropriate given my current opinion of all things political. Exercise is doing well. I find that a good thirty minute walk on the treadmill helps my attitude considerably.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know about Toy Story 3. Melanie and Benjamin enjoyed it when they went.

I never even thought of renting tents, etc.

Good job on the exercise!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think people will like it. Renting tents is an amazing way to go that I might not have thought of either honestly :)