Friday, June 25, 2010

A Change Will Do You Good

Other Blogs
------------
Meme Blog: Orange Validation via Joe.
Codex: Building My Bifrost A slightly less Emo Poem.

So, the big news of the week is that I went on a trip to St. Augustine, FL. And it was awesome. It helped me put things right in my head in certain ways. I also discovered a rather helpful Muse along the way. Kitten has begun reading some of my stuff, which was quite handy because I was able to finish the Season 3 script for Sentinel Chronicles and two more pages of 7th Seal. I'm going to do more writing this weekend (though I'll probably put details of that in the writing blog later.)

I visited San Marcos, which is an old fort. They fired a canon. It was cool.

I visited Ripley's Believe it or not. It was also rather cool. I think the best and most interesting exhibits were the giant erector set ferris wheel that was 30 feet high, the 'fantasy castle' made of hundreds of semi precious stones and the hair from JFK (which is apparently rarer than any other kind of memorabilia than any other president.)

I visited the Lightner museum which is like...a collection of gilded age stuff that this one rich guy bought in the great depression from a lot of other rich guys who got it by....being rich guys in the late 19th century and early twentieth century. (Hint: They call it the Gilded age for a reason.) Got some photos on my iphone. I'll see if I can upload them to facebook later. Probably not, I have horrible luck with that kind of thing.

I ate at the Gypsy Cab. I had ribs. Basic, I know. I also had as an appetizer smoked salmon which tastes like Fish Jerky. Except it was awesome.

The beach in St. Augustine is just....amazing. Which was bar none THE best part of the entire trip. On the way up I listened to "How to talk to anyone: 62 tricks." Very interesting. On the way back I listened to "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz. I may or may not review them later.

Got my computer back from Jay. Enjoying spending time with Mom and Skip and Grandma. Spending a few months with them was definitely the RIGHT choice.

Doing something fun tonight and going out. No idea where. That's half the fun of it all.

No comments: