Sunday, September 19, 2010

Busy and Fun Week

So Monday I went to Push Push theater with Mom and Skip for a reading of a Winter's Tale. It was really well done because we took just one scene and broke it down into its component parts and analyzed them again and again. It helped me as a writer by showing me how much you can cram into just one scene. Which I like a lot. I hope to go again though I won't be going tomorrow because of the Letoro Concert for Mythic plus the Venture Brother's viewing at Sergey's.

On Tuesday I went to the Gym and worked out. I also got more reading done on Dark Faith. I've been working diligently trying to review it but its a 400 page anthology of very deep and profound stories and I want to do them all justice. Then I went to see the first half of Venture Brothers and while I'd seen a few episodes, I must say it is six buckets of awesome. Blithering Idiot ale is also nice but I'm not gonna have that much again next time. We had fun.

Wednesday I had a nice talk with Jay and also got offered a part as a writer for the Mighty Tide of Justice website, which I am looking forward. I checked out the martial arts place I chose called Atlanta Kicks, and while it is expensive it sounds like what I'm looking for. Right now I'm tempted to go for their bigger package which includes cross training. I've been exercising more and lost some weight but until I reach certain thresholds I'd rather not mention specific numbers...yet.

Thursday night I went to the gym and got some errands done.

Friday I finally mailed Wayne's hat back. I then went to the range and practiced with 200 rounds. I'm about half of where I want to be, but I improved. Practice, as they say, makes perfect. I then went to see the show Winter's Bone, which is an absolutely excellent movie that I recommend if you can see it, though its indy and not for the feignt of heart. It is about the struggle of a 17 year old girl who has to keep her family together by taking rather drastic steps and how she suffers because of it. I then ate dinner and had a few beers at Manuel's tavern. This was just the right amount of alcohol and I had a good time. This might seem small or trivial, but for me it feels as if I have obtained one of many pieces of my life and skills that others take for granted that I've never had. (shrugs). It was a good night for me.

Saturday, I went to see the Dali exhibit at the High Museum of art. Dali was awesome but looney toons. I learned he was amazing self promoter and had an obsession with Nuclear Mysticism and Rhinoceros horns. I definitely want to continue learning more about him. I went to Centennial Olympic Park for an amazing view of the city, got some writing done and then practice Billiards a bit at Twain's.

Today has been relaxing and I've done rather little.

No comments: