Sunday, May 15, 2011

Good Times

I don't have a job yet, but last Monday I had about four good leads pop up out of nowhere. Given how sparse the previous two weeks had been this was most welcome news. I had a face to face interview last Friday that seemed to go pretty well (I wasn't hired on the spot but I got the implication that a decision will be made soon) and I have a phone interview tomorrow and a face to face interview on Thursday, as well as two more recruiters that plan on talking to me tomorrow or very soon. I have what I call a 'recruiter' interview tomorrow in the afternoon.

Creatively speaking I've been able to make some progress but hardly a well of outpouring. I'm on the last chapter of the graphic novel, and while I had writer's block on it for a good chunk of last week I've slowly been able to make progress. I've also been working with Ken on the revision of the fourth novel. I've started my first 'non sci fi' story in many years, and its kind of fun but I'm not churning out pages. Last Tuesday was the two month anniversary since I was laid off, but fortunately a nice 'thank you' dinner from Allison (details classified) and a boy's night out at the bar with Russell were a rather welcome distraction.

I saw Thor on Thursday. It was pretty good. I do think it is more enjoyable if you know the comic and some of the things that are supposed to be going on in the background, but I think it would still be enjoyable regardless if you're a huge comic fan. Friday night I got my Advanced Gold belt. My goal is to at least get my green belt, which means next cycle I'll need to decide if I'm going to continue that or start taking Yoga. Both are incredibly beneficial. I'll make a decision soon.

I have been able to reconnect with a friend that I was previously estranged with, and I've made yet more insightful decisions. One of which is, some details and lessons are best kept private. :)

No comments: