Monday, May 12, 2008

Happenings this week

We saw 'Speed Racer' over the weekend. I can understand why some critics didn't like it, but we both did. I personally felt about 5-6 minutes could have been edited out of it, but for the most part it was the right tone and pace and depth. Its one of those movies that you'll either love or you'll hate. But it certainly doesn't look like it is going to go well.

We hung out with Mom, Skip and Grandma Lawson last night. Jennifer had the idea of getting them massages for Mother's Day and they were very appreciative. The power went out so we had fun lighting candles and the like. No one wanted to play 'So I'm Going on An Expedition to Africa'...I wonder why. :)

Writing is going well. Nearly done with the second novel. I spent a good chunk of Saturday playing Eve Online and made a rather nice cargo run through ridiculously dangerous space. Last Tuesday night we finished a D&D game based on the movie '300' that we'd been playing for a year. It went quite well.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I think we are going to take the kids to see Speed Racer... they have been looking forward to that one and Indiana Jones.