Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happenings

We saw Kung Fu Panda on Friday. I highly recommend it. It is most excellent.

While I took a brief break for a while, I'm now working on three short stories. One of which I work on through an online writing group which has thus far proved quite helpful. I also have plans to work on a novel with a friend of mine who is going to have a gap in his employment. I'll post more details here as they become more concrete. I still have plans to write the fantasy novel in November and December. The Saturday after the reunion I'll be taking a two day class on sound so hopefully the next movie will turn out better sound wise than the last one did.

The mid term did not go well but thus far I've managed to keep my head above water. Because 40% of the grade is graded by other students, I think they're assuming that it will be high to compensate. Hopefully I will get a high grade there. We'll see.

We visited Mom, Skip and Grandma on Sunday. We watched "The Mist"....pretty good but pretty scary. Not a 'for kids' movie..and elements of the ending were mildly annoying but then, it would have been better than a 'they drive off into the Mist' ambiguous ending of the novella...and I LIKE Stephen King, though to be honest, I mainly like his non horror stuff.

2 comments:

Christy said...

There are so many good movies coming out... I hate waiting for them to come to DVD.

little.monkey said...

I heard that movie was good. Movies are SOOOO expensive to go see now. I hardly ever get to see them because of that. Well...I'm usually too busy to see it anyway.

That stinks that your final didn't go well. Hopefully your grade ends up ok anyway. When will you be done with school anyway?