Monday, June 30, 2008

Life in Motion

Well, the final of Death really was as bad as I thought it was. It was virtually impossible to study for everything given the sheer magnitude of what was available for the teacher to pull from on this test, especially given his delight at taking obscure portions of the text and using them against us. I focused on the higher concepts and the vocabulary (there were 150 words to memorize) in hopes that it would help me ferret out the final answer. I also gave the chapters a final read through before hand, and while it helped somewhat, I'm sure I certainly didn't ace this thing. But, if it was this hard for me then the odds are it was the same thing for most people as well.

We'll see.

It was easy to relax when we were finally done with it though. We saw on Netflix "From Beyond" (not a family movie) "Perfume: Story of a Murder" (not a family movie either.) We also watched the most recent Dr. Who, which is quite frankly brilliant. Shame they're taking a two year break but I understand why. Better to preserve the long term viability of the show.

We saw Wall-E as well. FANTASTIC movie. Arguably the best thing that Pixar has ever produced, though it is a tough toss up between that and Ratatoui.

Finished reading "The Player of Games" this week as well. Good book. Right now I'm rereading the Wild Card books which are a series of books about a world infected by an alien virus that gives people super powers. Fun stuff.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yay for finishing classes... mine is done on Monday, it's my least favorite class ever - way to much work.

I can't wait to take the kids to see wall-E or however you spell it.