Thursday, August 28, 2008

Good News and Hurricanes

I am worried about the current Hurricane for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that it may head towards New Orleans and Houston.

Jennifer was able to finish the costume. Tonight we are making final plans for DragonCon. I am not a camera person, but if you've never been, getting a taste of how fun it is is worth spreading so I may attempt to actually use the camera on my cell phone for the second time ever on my own. The first was to send Jennifer pictures of Shamu/Seaworld. We'll see if I can join the 21rst century and figure out how to get them off of my phone and onto my blog.

Skip has challenged me to write a 100,000 words in two months. He's volunteered to edit this. To put this in perspective, I wrote the first novel in 5 years. The second has taken 3, and is looking like it may be 3 1/2 to 4 before I try to get it published. This combined with the other novel I'm writing with a friend (albiet at a slower pace) is going to keep me quite busy. To anyone who is interested in watching me (probably) crash and burn in my two month challenge, you might want to check out the Tossing Grenades at Windmills blog I also maintain on this site. I'll not be putting actual writing there, but I will put some notes.

I got an A in my last class. That is 8 of 12. 2/3rds of the way done. I graduate in May.

Jennifer has completed everything but her final written project and her oral defense. She looks to graduate some time in January.

She will slowly work off her meds after Dragoncon after which it looks like we will begin trying to have our first.

For Dragoncon, we're putting the dog in this kennel like place that has a web cam. Might include the link for those obsessed with bizarre things like watching other people's pets frollic and play. :)

Red Anvil Productions now has a website. http://www.redanvilproductions.com.

I have now officially had my job for a year and it seems (knock heavily on wood) to be going well.

3 comments:

little.monkey said...

That's exciting that you guys will be done with school so soon. I'm glad work is going well for you. I'm looking forward to having another neice or nephew soonish too. Yay!

Christy said...

Good job on your grades. I am so jealous that you guys don't have long till your done... I count down too. I guess if I count all my prereqs I am 3/4 of the way done... 2 more years bites.

I hope you do take pictures of dragoncon... it sounds groovy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lots of accomplishments! Congratulations!

Skip and I have been talking about me going back to school for a 2-year associates degee. Fortunately he seems to be all for it. Now it's about figuring out exactly what I want to pursue.

I'm really looking forward to having grandchildren nearby. :)

Assuming you don't move....