Thursday, August 14, 2008

It is Finished

I always wanted to do a large roleplaying game supplement with professionally done art and of a decent size. I've had a lot of people help me over the years, both with this and other projects for which I appreciate the help. This is a 'life goal' just like writing the first novel was. In fact, I've done a good chunk of them now so I'm going to have to make up a few more. Raise the bar as it were. :)

Here is the link (http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=57234&src=FrontPage") to the cover page if it interests you. If you're a family member and interested in a copy, ping me.

Golddame55 is finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with her masters. She turned in the results of her course report Monday. It was 50 PAGES! At this point she only has to revise an essay and all she has left are the final thesis of her masters and oral defense. The final thesis uses parts of her other major projects so it shouldn't be so bad, but the oral defense (mid September) will be a bit challenging potentially. Probably not 50 pages challenging though.

Enjoyed visiting with Christy, Jenny, Julie, Mom, Grandma, Skip and the wonder twins on Sunday. We talked a lot and had good food.

We've signed up for this monthly 'organic food' program which is locally grown. Its good food though we've gotten an AWFUL lot of blue berries each week. Fortunately golddame55 loves blue berries.

Dragon con is coming up in two weeks which is like, the biggest convention in the south east. Upwards of 30,000 people go to it each year and it utterly fills up about a dozen hotels (4 of which have the programs events etc). We're greatly looking forward to it. Saturday night we'll be wearing the Irish Pirate costumes golddame55 made last year for the masquerade.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Please take pictures of you guys in your costumes at Dragoncon and post them.

That cover is pretty dang fancy... I would buy it if I bought those types of things.

It was fun hanging out on Sunday. I thought about "tom whisperer" again yesterday and it made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Heh. ;) Well she is good at it :)

Julie of the Wisdom People said...

Hooray for getting things done! Is your organic food thing a CSA? I've thought about joining one before, but I don't eat that many fruits and vegetables, so it would definitely be a big increase in my groceries budget. Plus, I'm sure they'd give me mushrooms and I'd have to figure out how to get rid of them. Plus side, though, would be that I would be forced to eat more fruits and vegetables.

Julie of the Wisdom People said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Whole Foods actually but yeah that is the organic food thing. Its pretty cool. We do end up eating more fruits and vegetables which was kind of the whole idea :)