Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Good News and Bad News

The bad news is that the job search suddenly went from promising to void. As you know I measure the strength of the economy and the job market by the number of calls I get. Today marks the official two month mark in my search and while things were great right before Dragoncon, I haven't gotten a SINGLE call since then. Usually I'm at least getting calls for jobs in New Jersey or the like that I'm not available to take. At the two month mark I lower my salary requirements slightly and do so on a monthly basis thereafter until I reach my absolute minimum. We'll see how this turns out but since in my experience September is THE best time of the year to find a job, its not a good sign.

The good news is that the rehearsal for the movie went well yesterday. People are enthusiastic and seem to be enjoying themselves. My writing is very slow but progressing.

No comments: