Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Life

I had a phone interview today and another interview scheduled next week. But with the economy being the way it is, who can tell? I heard back from my recruiter and apparently I slam dunked the interview I had last week but they are still not sure which way they want to go. And that's a government contractor, which tells me that even if I have a lot of interviews that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I have too many second hand accounts from family and friends from all of the companies that are in absolute turtle mode until 2010.

We'll see.

In a related note, I am quite happy for a personal issue that has recently been partially solved. I won't go into details but suffice to say it was worrying me greatly and now it isn't.

Fortunately we'd gotten the Dragoncon tickets early (ie when I had a job) which makes the whole impending vacation affordable. It happens to be right here in Atlanta which helps too. :) More details will probably be posted during the weekend.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sorry about the job situation :(

I hope you have fun at dragoncon.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure we will. W....er....we did. :)

And please keep us posted. I'm worried for you.