Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Thoughts

Tis midnight, and it is now Christmas. We attended two parties over the last weekend, one with Jay and Dee on Saturday and one with Jennifer's company. I admit that her company party was kind of hard for me, because I miss having a job that takes me seriously. Case in point, this last Sunday afternoon, RBS World Pay, a company who I thought I had a perfect working relationship with, called me up on the phone via my contractor to tell me that I would not need to come in for the last two weeks of my contract. I give them two weeks notice, and still had plenty of work to do, and they decide that I'm not needed.

Apparently turn about is not fair play. The thing is, that I have strong reason to believe that people who I had known for several years and trusted decided that they would let me go in this fashion. Thus is the life of a contractor.

We've also been quite sick this week. Jennifer has had some worrisome coughs, though we went to the doctor on Monday. She's been getting better for the most part, but it still isn't gone for either of us. And yet despite all of the negativity, I feel overwhelmingly positive. Want to know one reason? Because Jennifer Loves me and I love her. We each opened a present and the one I opened from her was this silly little book that had animal faces photoshopped into grins and smiles with all kinds of truly nauseating positive expressions.

And it cheered me up considerably. In the grant scheme of things, I have a lot to be grateful for. Hell, despite being let go early, I still have a job lined up at the beginning of the year that is going to pay me decently, for at least a few months. I have friends, family and a spouse that love me, and I have my health, as imperfect as it may be. :)

Merry Christmas, and God Bless Us, Every One.