Thursday, March 25, 2010

Week in Review

So, it's been a week. I'm handling things well for the most part. Jennifer and I are still good friends. There are occasional moments of...awkwardness, but we're working together on this just like we have everything else. We really do work well together...on almost everything.

I visited Houston this past weekend and it was quite helpful. Some might consider it insane to drive for 14 hours on Friday night and then drive back for 12 hours on Sunday just to see people, but initially it was because I wasn't potentially going to see some of them all year and now it was because I desperately needed a sense of grounding, and it helped a lot. Family is a constant (at least as much as anything is a constant in the world) and it helps when you have good and loving relations with your family members. I hung out with Greg on Saturday, watching him play some of his games. One of them, Sins of a Solar Empire interested me quite a bit. Later that evening, we went over to Randy's new place and had dinner with Christy's family as well. It was quite fun. Simon taught me how not to hold a pool cue. I'm considering practicing a bit in the days and weeks ahead. Its a fun game and I think I might actually try to learn the higher end geometry elements of it (the bit with the dots on the side.) I listened to "The Lost Symbol" on the way up.

Monday night we watched Inglorious Bastards. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Tuesday I went to Jay's to get his help burning the DVD of "Other People's Musicals" which has come out quite well. I managed to remove all of the technical glitches that could be removed and it is by FAR the strongest I've made. Wednesday night I went to the final session of Jeff's D&D game. It was quite enjoyable, though the group is a bit large. There is still some discussion as to what will be done in the future.

3 comments:

little.monkey said...

I am glad that you are coping well with things. I love you very much brother!

Anonymous said...

Not insane at all to drive that long to "get grounded". Driving can be meditative and being with family is good. Glad you are both being "friendly" and work well on most things - good you figured it out rather than letting it get "ugly". I could see you getting into billiards. :)

Thanks for coming by last night. I hope we'll get to see you more. I need my family "fix" too. :) *love and hugs*

Anonymous said...

Oh! And "Other People's Musicals" is indeed excellent - you have every right to be proud of it. You, Jennifer, Jay and the cast did a terrific job on it. Enormously entertaining! I'm proud of you! :)