Thursday, March 18, 2010

An Ending.

Jennifer and I will be filing our papers for divorce on April 30th, 2010. We do so parting as friends, and we are remaining in the same house for another month or two for financial and emotional reasons. While we love each other very much, there have been some issues at the foundation of our relationship that haven't quite matched. We've seen two counselors, and today our counselor was quite honest with us that this was a problem that he could not solve. We'll still be going to him a few more times to help make things as painless as possible.

I don't feel that the exact details of our relationship are fit for public consumption, but I will say that it is neither of our faults, that because of our backgrounds we had unresolved issues going into this and that one of the reasons we're going to the counselor and staying together a few more months is to help learn as many lessons from this as possible for the future.

We've been working on things for a year, so while this is still painful, I've had some time to come to terms with it. That by no means means I'm 'over' it, but it does mean that we can handle this in at least some resemblance of a rational fashion. Unlike previous relationships, Jennifer and I will remain friends, although how that friendship will manifest I'm not entirely sure. I don't really picture us 'hanging out' at all, but we still have a lot we need to work out.

All other projects, interests and considerations are on hold in life and (as they should be) must be reassessed. More details later as they are known and deemed to be shared.

3 comments:

little.monkey said...

I love you Tom, and I am proud of you for handling it all so well. I will keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

*healing hugs*

Christy said...

I'm sorry you are going through this, it can't be easy for you. I love you so much.