Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ireland

Rule #1 to being happy using the internet in Ireland...the @ key is not shift+2. That cost me 4-5 minutes of frustration at my password not working. We're in a cafe so I'll keep this somewhat short and to the point.

Ireland rocks! Sleep rocks harder! I stayed awake all night because Jennifer had to sleep and I was paranoid of what would happen to her if the plane crashed in the water and she'd drown. Sure it is stupid, but the first thing you learn in Dungeons and Dragons is "ALWAYS KEEP A WATCH!"

Hey the flip side is that it will help me cope with Jet lag that much quicker. We got in at 7am and took the train straight to Galway. Ireland is very pretty and rural country. However, they don't often tell you how...islandish it is. It really is about 1/2 the size of the State of Georgia. It took three hours by train to get from one side to the other...ok, more like the whole state of georgia plus a nobbly bit on top that is Northern Ireland. (We are not going to Northern Ireland.)

We ate cool Irish food at a restaurant called Tara's.

We will check into the hotel soon. More to come.

No comments: