Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More From Ireland

I am sorry if I am not commenting on your blogs, since I pay the minute for the internet here I have to greatly focus my time here.

For the last two days we have gone on two tours of Galway. The first was to a section of sheep country called Conmarrah and the second to the Cliffs of Moreh. Both tour guides were quite exceptional and we enjoyed listening to them. It has rained a lot so we've purchased two umbrellas and a slicker. Despite the rain, there has also been a great deal of sunshine, particularly when we saw the cliffs. Don't worry, we took lots of pictures and I'll be posting them here soon.

The food is really good. It involves lots of carrots, potatos and occasionally Pasta. I'm certainly not complaining here! Though things are a bit expensive. At 1.7 Euros to the Dollar, the prices for most things in Euros is the same as it is in the states, but with the conversion rate its almost twice as expensive. I end up paying for almost everything with the credit card because it has the best exchange rate.

One of the coolest places we've visited was the jeweler that we got Jennifer's wedding/engagement ring from. They had a small museum and we got a sterling silver harp necklace for her, which she likes a great deal. We're hoping to catch some dancing tonight. All for now.

No comments: