Thursday, April 10, 2008

Update

Well, I think a longer update as to how we are doing is long over due. As I mentioned, we have moved. And we’re both in school. We moved because Golddame55 will have to go entirely free of meds whilst we’re trying to have children, but she’d like to work during at least part of that, which meant shortening her commute as much as possible. It also has the side fringe benefit of making a 90 minute commute 45 minutes for me at this point.

We’re slowly unpacking. We have a lot of work to do, but right now we’re focusing on the kitchen, dining room and living room, because we have a triple date planned on the 19th involving a Murder Mystery (http://www.host-party.com) I’ll let you know how that goes.

Sadsog is currently donating her considerable editing skills towards helping with my film project for last year called, “Dueling Morons.” A friend of mine is putting together a website for Red Anvil Productions, and helped me find a friend of his who is doing the web design pretty cheap. She’s amazing. I’ll include the link when its finished.

Gaming is going well. Last night I played Civilization with Greg and one of his friends. We’re beating the computer to a ridiculous degree, but I don’t feel bad, because the computer usually mops the floor quite hard with us. I’m also on a game called Eve Online, which is quite fun. My character, Talasak, has been around about a year and is finally starting to hold his own, somewhat. I’m also involved in a few role playing game campaigns, including “World of Creeg” which is a mishmash of 300 and the Odyssey. My character in that is a Warlock by the name of Vex. The other two are, “The Birth of Magic” where a bunch of peasants suddenly have magical super powers and “RoleMaster” where my character is an assassin for the good of the state (ala “Remo Williams”.) Describing my character for “The Birth of Magic” would be beyond the scope or reading level of this blog. J

At any rate, hope all goes well. More will come. I hope to update at least once a week.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Glad your back! Good luck with the unpacking and baby making... and gaming :)

little.monkey said...

Sounds like things are going well. Unpacking stinks...I've been there many o' times. I'm glad you have a normal blog now by the way:)

Anonymous said...

Cutting down drive time is a always a good thing. We've always wanted to do one of those murder mystery dinners. The Dueling Morons sounds like a sequel to Dumb and Dumberer.