Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year In Review

Goals:

Physical: Lose 40 lbs. Actually lost 15lbs. Not terrible, but not a complete success either.

Exercise: I have started exercising more, but I'm not currently doing an aerobic exercise.

Mental: I managed to read 3 non fiction books (not including text books). Moderate success. I can do better.

I passed all my graduate courses. Success.

Spiritual: I have begun to define my beliefs and my cosmology. Success.

Scripture study: Moderate, but that's where I want it to be right now. Success.

Writing: Outlined in the writing blog.

Film: 1 Film per year? No film. We've got a kick ass camera+microphone+course to know how to use microphone but no editing software. Partial Success.

Invention: I studied multiple patents and helped Skip. Slight success.

Economic: I still have my job. Jennifer has her job. We've managed to get a slight amount paid down on the credit card and avoid multiple myriad would be disasters. Success.

Friends: Occasional strains (politics) but generally still strong. Success.

Family: Occasional strains that were resolved. Previous two family gatherings were extremely positive and uplifting for all. Resounding success.

Children-Trying but not confirmed. Moderate success.

Broad Life Experiences/Memories:

Trip to Ireland.
Trip to Washington D.C.
Dragoncon 2008
Volunteered for a Political Campaign
Successfully created at least one decent role playing game supplement with decent writing and decent Art (Life Goal)
Created an epic poem for Podcast

General assessment: Success with room for improvement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. You've almost inspired me to set some goals.