Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend at Peace

Given the hectic month we've had, a weekend of downtime was very nice and welcome indeed. For date night we did go to see Faustus at the Shakespear Tavern, which was very well done though rather expensive now that Jennifer's MidTown connection card is not accepted by them any longer (we used to get 2 for 1 on balcony seats). We'll still go from time to time but not quite as often.

Watched 4 Netflix-Dr. Who (Invasion of Time), B-Movie, Rope and Lost end of season 2. The end of season 2 was quite good, though I'm annoyed because I understand Season 3 is one big stall, which I absolutely hate. Why not just skip to Season 4? But Jennifer wants to watch it, so we will. Rope (a hitchcock movie) was also very good. It was an excellent way of showing just HOW GOOD Jimmy Stuart was an actor and how he could easily dominate the industry today just as well. Though some of the jokes etc were a tad transparent, but Hitchcock did them first so they're more tolerable. B-Movie had some interesting moments but I am *SO* glad we didn't see it in the theater.

I got finished reading "Princep's Fury" by Jim Butcher which is fun to read but not quite as good as his Dresden Files books. Started reading "Inkheart" which Jennifer really liked. Its OK and looks to hold promise but the writing is a little to YA for me...then again, its written as YA, so what can you do? :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

One of the reasons 'Inkheart' may seem "too YA" for you is that its target audience is 7-12. Teen YA would be less so. Either way, the story is good. Especially when you consider the whole trilogy ('Inkspell' and 'Inkdeath'). I admit I am not done with Inkdeath yet, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. I also quit noticing the simplicity of the writing about halfway into 'Inkspell'.

Fierce-Rabbit said...

You might try the Atlantix: http://www.atlantaperforms.com - I think the Tavern still does half price tickets through them, as do a number of Atlanta Theatre companies.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Thanks!

Fierce-Rabbit said...

Welcome! :)