Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekly Update

Well, I had a nifty birthday. There were three celebrations. Monday, we hung out with Mom, Skip and Grandma. We had Raging Burrito + Talked a lot. It was fun. Mom gave me a Jane hat, which at first I thought was the hat from Goober and the Ghost Chasers, either of which would be awesome. They also gave me a gift certificate and a check, which combined with Dad's present will pay for a good chunk of Nintendo Wii.

Wednesday Jennifer made a plethora of Splenda cookies, which were all quite good. We had cake and icecream and watched "Into the Wild" which was pretty good. I liked it, but Jennifer wasn't so thrilled about the under lying message ("Crazy boy is angry at his parents so he drops off of the face of the earth for two years without telling anyone where he is going and then goes into the Alaskan wilderness where he starves to death.") It isn't exactly positive and uplifting....I do grant that. Though there was a fascinating undercurrent to the whole thing that I found fascinating from a story telling perspective. Jennifer is getting me a TomTom navigation thing so we can drop the nav feature from our cell phones. She also got me "Team of Rivals" (which Obama has read and sounds fascinating) and THE MOST AWESOME BIRTHDAY CARD EVER! :) (it is one of those singing kinds, and this one does 'the banana boat song').

Saturday night Julie, Todd, Jennifer and I went to see Slumdog Millionare. It is awesome on toast. Julie and Todd paid for the refreshments as part of my present and there is mention of another object. Afterwards, we went to get desert at TGI Fridays.

Good week despite the plethora of errands and nickle/dime/to death/expenses for this week. :) (Which started with the second half of a root canal this morning, but HEY, better than having them continue making that nice black blob on the x ray indicating the infection was previously slowly eating into the bone....Its all a matter of perspective :) )

1 comment:

Christy said...

Glad you had a good one. Sorry about your tooth. I hate the dentist.