Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 4 of the Descent into Madness

Well its pretty early, and the mental stresses are starting to come in. But honestly a lot of that is more due to the political situation. I won't comment on that here, but you can always go to codex to see my latest rant.

Jennifer is amusing herself by harassing me while writing this. :) But it is a good thing. She just popped her head back in the door and said, "Why did I miss you giving me a really funny look?" Turn about is fair play after all.

I spent most of Monday and Tuesday taking care of logistics. Monday involved getting our taxes fixed as well as sending the fax to receive my severance package. Because of the confidentiality clause in the contract, I can't say much, but let me put it this way. Remember all the stuff they put in the contract you sign when you get a job?

Well triple it for the contract you sign to get your severance package. It isn't them btw, because apparently this is standard practice now. OpenSpan IS a good company. How about a law that prevents me having to sign a contract like that to get a severance package?

Tuesday was a trip to the unemployment office. I got a really helpful lady who helped me bypass all of the red tape and get directly to a terminal instead of having to take the class that told me how to use a web page (which had all necessary directions on it.) The good news is that judging by the job search and the number of people in the unemployment office on the surface things don't seem as bad as I thought they were. Oh sure its bad, but ironically not dot com bad. But that may just be here in Atlanta. Then again, Skip's lay off shows that things ARE that bad.

4 comments:

Christy said...

I keep praying for you and Skip!

Anonymous said...

And I appreciate it.

I still believe in God, though I'm not entirely sure what Prayer does or doesn't do to alter the physical universe any more, but honestly....I'd rather err on the side of caution. :)

Thanks. :)

Fierce-Rabbit said...

Skip is staying busy. They took his phone, which was inconvenient. He's on my phone plan now and has a new plan but he's got a temporary number and won't have his old phone number until the end of the week.

It's just crazy.

You and he should be working on Flying Car. :)

little.monkey said...

I really hope that you're able to find a job soon. I love you bro, and I'm sure it will all work out. Contracts are weird.