Monday, March 9, 2009

Descent Into Madness - Day 21

Its the end of the world as I know it, and I feel fine. For the most part, things are going well. Did the math on Jennifer's income plus my income and as long as I get unemployment, we'll only be bleeding a few hundred a month at a reduced income. Not going to Hawaii mind you (not that we intended to) but we'll be able to hold on more or less.

Job Market is not as good as I'd hoped today. No real new jobs, not even ones to apply to. No calls from recruiters and I haven't heard anything from the placements. All the placements in the world don't mean much if they don't lead to interviews. Which means I'm still looking but I'm seriously ramping up ways to earn money on the side if I can think of it. I've got two friends, both of whom have been unemployed for like six months, so this might go on for a while.

We saw Mom's play "Wit" over the weekend, and I will without equivocation say that it was her finest performance to day. Hithertonow, that tie in my mind was either that chick she played in Steel Magnolias or Mephistopholes. She also did a rather amazing job in O'keife but this was better. I'll be mentioning something about it more on my live journal.

No comments: