Sunday, March 22, 2009

Descent Into Madness Day 31

Six weeks. It has now been six weeks. We are not, in my opinion, in as solid a financial footing as I had hoped, but we will see. We still have reserves and Jennifer's income. More importantly, this time is better for me than others because Jennifer is here to help me psychologically through it.

We went to the Women's Angel project this weekend. Individually, most of the films were quite excellent. We also saw via DVD, "The Magdeline Sisters" which was good but also a good way to get upset at the idea of theocracy, as well as "Highlander: Quest For Vengeance" which was pretty ho hum anime.

The good news is that we saw the BSG finale which was AWESOME, as well as episode 6 on doll house (which happened to be on at the same time so we watch it on Http://www.hulu.com). Doll House is starting to show just as much promise as Angel or Buffy. Hopefully it will be allowed to achieve that promise.

Also spent some time at a model car/model plane swap meet with a friend of mine. It was pretty fun. I've got some pictures which I may put up here tomorrow. Its a hobby I could see myself getting into. It would certainly be a LOT cheaper than making movies. And I've always wanted to do something that would teach me a hard skill like electronics.

School is going well. Thanks to Jennifer's help, I am understanding this class much better than I did the last, which is good because it is (as usual) THE most difficult class I've had so far. The math is absolutely killer on this one. It is my last, and I'm hoping to graduate in May.

3 comments:

little.monkey said...

I'm sorry bro. I hope that things start looking up for you guys. That really stinks about Jennifers meds. Boo to that! I hate drug companies. I hope that your class goes well, adn you're able to finish school soon. Yay! Good luck with the job search. Love you bro!

Fierce-Rabbit said...

Drug companies and insurance companies suck. I hope Obama "cracks" down on them soon.

I auditioned yesterday for Stone Mountain Park, about the best-paying kind of job I can get these days, with my (lack of) resume. Don't know how that went.

Have faith. Glad the class is going better - the fact that Jennifer is a math teacher is a wonderful thing (among many other wonderful things about her).

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. :)