Monday, April 6, 2009

Ascent From Madness - No Good News Will Go Unpunished

I have a job.

I do not officially have it in writing, but the interview today went well and I officially have a phone call saying "You have the job." I expect paperwork etc will begin tomorrow and I will (I presume) start any time between tomorrow (unlikely) and one to two weeks from now. It is a long term contract (November).

And it is very very welcome news indeed. The flip side is that I got a 70 on my last quiz. I'd already mentioned that this class was tough, indeed probably the toughest class I've ever had in Grad School and probably the third toughest I've ever had after the upper level graduate genetics class (I dare anyone who is not a science major to sit through one class of that and not get brain melt), biochemistry (which I somehow passed) and the dreamweaver component of my web class in Grad School.

This isn't a problem by itself, no the real problem is that the final, which is 40% of the grade, is only 10 questions. Multiple choice. And it looks like, based on the quizzes, that they'll be comprehensive which means multistep processes involving math from more than one section of the course.

Not impossible but VERY VERY difficult and very very very important that the next two weeks of my life (just got a call I start on the 20th) that I live, eat and drink Financial Management Mathematics.

5 comments:

Christy said...

I'm glad you got a job - that is great news.

Sorry about your final - 10 questions - that bites. I hate that sort of thing. I'll pray that you'lll retain what you study.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job. That sucks about the final. Hopefully chance will be on your side.

Fierce-Rabbit said...

I'm convinced that some teachers are just sadists.

Congrats on the job!

little.monkey said...

YAY for the job! I'm so excited! I hope that your final goes well for you. Love you bro.