Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This week in Life

This final is going to be hard.

Yes. I keep saying that, but I keep meaning it. I got a 70 on the last quiz, but the stats show I am behind the eightball on the class curve. Currently, if I get 6 out of 10 questions right, I get a C, which gives me a slight POSSIBILITY, however slim, of getting my degree. If I get 7 out of 10, I get a solid C+, which means I will almost certainly gain a waiver, and 8 out of 10 means I get a B- in the class and pass with no approvals needed whatsoever.

So, to clarify, the hardest test of the hardest class I've ever actually bothered to finish (as compared to the Upper Level Graduate Class on Chromosomes of Absolute brainmeltiness) is 10 questions. 2 Years. $36000. 12 Classes. Dozens of papers, postings, quizzes, finals and tests, all pretty much come down to a difference of exactly two questions about barely maybe potentially passing and just passing with no questions asked.

And that's assuming I can even get a score that high.

Jennifer is optimistic about my chances. I'm trying very very hard to be.

The new job looks sweet. I start next Monday and I've got a 7 minute commute one way. I'll miss working from home one day a week though.

We saw "Monsters Vs. Aliens" over the weekend. It was very well done and we liked it. A very fun family movie. Worth seeing in three D, and probably best Net Flixed. I'd save the see it in the theaterness for Pixar's "Up" coming next month.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That class stuff totally stinks - I hate stuff like that. Having a opstive attitude about it does make a difference though.

We loved Monsters vs Aliens