Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life

Well we're getting ready to go to Boston this Thursday. We broke down and got tickets, since it would have been a sixteen hour drive. Still, I'd rather have waited a few more weeks before hitting any major expenses, but in this case it was probably worth it. Probably. I guess in some ways I can be a cheap bastard.

We celebrated mother's day with Mom on Sunday with Julie, Skip, Mom, Jennifer, Grandma and I. It was nice. We mainly talked a lot though there was this brief bizarre timewarp where we started watching something on the screen, I remember an instense pain in my forehead like someone was jabbing a spike through my eye on the inside, and then suddenly two hours of my life had been wiped away due to mental defenses erasing the horrific experience that I had just watched. There were vague mental salves of "it wasn't really that bad" and "Hey, there were actually funny moments like um.....well those are all a blur now too because your mind has been forced to heal itself" and "There actually wasn't any dancing...that you remember" and "Of course there won't be any sequels."

We saw the second season finale of Robin Hood. Its convinced me to start a sixth blog about reviewing the stuff I watch, see, hear or read. If I put something there in the future that I refence here I'll link it, but the long story short is this: If you're going to do a television show and the actor wants more money, I'm not a fan of getting rid of the actor, but I understand it from a business perspective. Television audiences are trained to accept this. What I am not prepared to accept is that if you are going to do a show about Robin Hood, you do not kill Maid Marion off and replace her with Guy of Gisborn's sister who is the NEW secret spy inside of the castle and also Robin's romantic love interest. Nuh uh. Off the netflix queue you go like a good little evil stupid thing. I mean...SERIOUSLY...who thinks these things up?

I'm beginning to wonder if the british might be able to make all around better television (scripted not reality-almost all reality television is garbage no matter what nationality) but simply cannot grasp the concept of ending a series properly.

We also saw Star Trek Friday night. It was excellent and I highly recommend seeing it.

3 comments:

Christy said...

So whatcha going to Boston for?

Anonymous said...

Graduation ceremony :)

little.monkey said...

That's pretty exciting about getting to go to Boston for YOUR GRADUATION! Yay! That stinks about the credit card retardedness though...