Monday, May 4, 2009

Life

Well, we now have tickets and I should have my cap and gown. I also have a new car, a 2008 Cherry Red Kia Rio. Not exactly a mercedes Benz, in fact, not even close, but since our consolidated loans are probably gonna be somewhere in the rate of 330-400 a month by my calculation, I'll hold off on the ritzy cars until we own a home, have children, and I actually have a project manager's job that pays well.

Which could be a while, but it will be a lot sooner now that I've graduated.

Jennifer's birthday was over the last weekend. I got her a gift certificate at a shoe place which she liked a lot and a digital camera. She has also received checks, a magazine subscription and another gift certificate to Amazon.

We declined to watch Wolverine over the weekend after hearing really bad things about it. Instead, on Friday night, we celebrated Jennifer's birthday...buying shoes...which normally I'm not a fan of, but in this case she enjoyed it and it was for her birthday so I dealt with it. We also had Thai food which was excellently good.

Saturday we went to a thing for Mythic Journey's which some friends were doing, kind of a screening. It was rather interesting and we both enjoyed it.

Sunday we both went to Mom and Skip's house where we celebrated Jennifer's Birthday with Mom, Skip and Grandma. We had a Turtle Custard Pie (quite good) and Lasanga. We also watched the second half of the Terry Pratchet Inspired Hogfather, which was fun.

We're enjoying Lost Season 3 right now, which is much MUCH better than I expected it to be.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Shoe shopping. What a nice husband.

little.monkey said...

I'm so happy for you that you are done with school. Yay! Tell Jennifer Happy Birthday! Shoe shopping does sound like a great present...plus a camera!? Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely birthday weekend. and she was VERY pleased with her shoes. :)