Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Fork in Fate's Path

So here I stand on the edge of the most important journey I will ever take, the day before. Do I have a destiny in the west or not? Comes a time where intuition must be tested, where you have to confront the universe and say, 'Did you mean it or not'? Just because something seems sure to you at the time (in this case being last Feb) and has stayed clear doesn't mean it shall always be so.

There are elements of such a direction I find appealing and elements I don't. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I wasn't. We shall see.

But as far as *I* am concerned, one way or another it will be resolved soon.

Under normal circumstances, 40 would just be a number like any other. Had I a stable life, or hope of one in the immediate future, I would ignore it and move on, but there are no promises only hints and shadows of what might be. I am proud of my accomplishments, but they were always viewed in the light of what might yet be. Now, every foundation upon which my expectations were built has been up ended.

New friends. New problems. New dreams. New Discoveries. New talents.

Here is what I do know. As of last Friday, I had a face to face meeting with a recruiter about tech writing jobs. It was hard to make myself go. Hard to take the test. I think I have at most one tech writing job left in me here in Atlanta. So either I move or the next is permanent or I have to take a project management job.

What I can't do is take job after job hoping the 'next one' leads to something different. My spirit will not let me do that.

So we'll see what happens. I will keep seeking the best way out of the maze.

No comments: