Wednesday, October 12, 2011

More of Day 1 and Day 2

It is Wednesday Morning and I am feeling better. Thinking you're no longer sick and no longer being sick are two different things. I should not have traveled yesterday or Tuesday but then again, maybe I would not have gone? Who knows.....what I do know is that much of the trip is simply a blur.

Strangers have been very nice, particularly the people at the two hotels I have stayed at. Rather cheap places in the middle of nowhere that happened to be where I needed to stop. I have become obsessed of late with Bedbugs but a site I found that taught me how to look for them and how to minimize the potential impact they might have has made it possible for me to get a decent night's sleep in a hotel.

There is something wrong with the fact that you can hear Glenn Beck on FM radio in Western Missouri but not NPR...

In the same stretch of country I counted no less than 5 bill boards calling for the protection of unborn children, but only 3 dedicated towards Christian causes of any kind and none of them towards living children.

Mark 10:14 Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of God.15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. 16 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

Mt 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.


That isn't about the unborn, unless perhaps someone thinks that Christ wants to have embryo's delivered unto him? Even if you believe the unborn fall into that category, so do living children. And failure to work to protect living children while working for the unborn is criminal.

Of course, these same people argue that there are 'plenty' of such programs here or that they should be handled through the churches etc. But that's not what I saw in the billboards driving in their sacred territory. Instead what I saw was a bunch of hypocrisy.

No comments: