Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trip: Final Days

The final three days were mainly a lot of driving with some hotel room staying. I mainly wanted to get home as quickly as I could, though the cough manifested itself at some inconvenient times, namely when I was trying to take a nap. Seattle seems like a very nice city, but it seems in some ways comparable to Atlanta, even though they are also obviously different in many ways. They're both quite pretty, and the people inside of both of them seem rather nice, but I didn't feel that connection like I did with Portland, and it is not like I talked in depth to anyone. Maybe its the architecture or something, or some intangible factor, who knows...

There was some drama with a lack of a phone connection, but I figured out how to connect to Roaming by modifying the settings on my phone...this when a call to tech support couldn't get the job done. I'm moderately proud of myself. Hooray, I'm Einstein....really. I am. :)

I've had a lot of time to think about things. Mainly, before I can go to Portland I need a sustainable career and income. And that means both Project Management and side streams. Voice Over work and maybe some other items. I'm going to get the ball rolling on that tomorrow.

I kind of went a little mad out there in the desert and the vast wilderness spaces out there. I'm going to be around people as much as possible during the next few days, and drive as little as I feel I can get away with. Got very little writing done but I need to finish my writing assignment for Push Push (both of them, Write Club and the sub plot for the script class, which is turning out to be hideously cool), I Fenris, a Review for ATL Retro, and then the script for Unfood. I'm expanding it to a feature. No, I doubt I can produce a feature, but we'll figure that out when I'm done with the script.

I feel better, more confident though it cost a lot. Fortunately, I'm getting help from my family. They are indeed very helpful to me, both in terms of material support and morale. I am glad I've occasionally been able to be there for them, and I am glad I appreciate them. It is also a reason I try to be there for others as well, because I know what it feels like when that support ISN'T there as well, at least for short durations.

Job search has several promising leads, up to three job interviews in the early part of next week if all goes well. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: