Saturday, August 13, 2011

First Day of Vacation

I drove through the middle of the night, listening to a preparation tape for taking the PMP, the radio (there is some excellent music of every kind and description in Atlanta) and Elvis. Arrived without incident in Houston early in the morning. Full house. Nice breakfast and a low key lunch. We played a card game called Bohnanza. Dad and Vivian seemed to be doing well, and we talked and hung out.

Around 3:30pm we went to Christy and Simon's house. Everyone but Julie and Todd were there. It was chaotic but very fun. Didn't get to spend time with the nieces and nephews but they spent a lot of time with each other. Poor Soren seems a bit young for the rest but was following them a lot. I did get to see Brett for the first time in two years. He seems a little tanner, a little wiser, but much more of himself than I expected. He's himself, but more secure in who he is which I think is a good thing. Jenny and Destry seem to be doing well. Fiona is as beautiful as all the gushing on facebook made her out to be. More motherhood suites Jenny well.

Simon cooked some excellent Hotdogs and there was a meal that went very well. People hung out a lot at the pool. Should have brought a swim suit. They finished shooting most of the bits of "The Rixlars". I had...like 4 lines, but I hammed those lines up really well. Due to complications, a few things had to be reshot, and my character basically thought he owned the planet and then challenged the Rixlars when they arrived and said, "Mine!" And then Jaime said, "Uh no. Charge!" And then my character ran.

I now believe Big T is either the biggest idiot in the universe or a total mastermind, but either way it screams for a sequel. There was ice cream and much interesting conversation. Destry thinks I should consider government work and potentially with the county in New Mexico. New Mexico is a state I could live so maybe. Not at the top of the list of my current potential destinations but having family near would be nice, and I loved New Mexico the last time I went.

Overall, people seem to be doing very well, which is a good thing. I am glad that for once emergencies seem to be kept at least under control. Looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments: