Sunday, August 28, 2011

Decisions

So there is a line in "Real Genius" I like a lot where the main character meets Val Kilmer who says, "Hey. I missed me. So I told them, I want to have me when I was you as a room mate, and here you are."

So future me, through a combination of psychic....er....yeah psychicness in which I kind of took a lot of the past nonsense, plus some advice I've gotten recently plus anticipated problems and come to some conclusions.

1) I think focusing on one thing at a time is a good idea, but even professionals work one multiple projects but it is done in research, production and promotion phases.

So I'm refocus on the things I feel I do well, and work on developing the skills that I think need work. With writing that means improving my prose and sticking to my poetry.

2) After considering how hard finding an apartment was in a city I was *IN* I've decided that the odds of something going wrong are...well, with my luck extreme, so having a job is going to be very important, as well as having a sufficient amount of emergency capital on moving just in case.

3) So for practical purposes, I'm pretty sure one of the two final cities I'm look at are Portland or Seattle, but I have never been to either, so some time this December I'm going to go up and check them out. Now, if I'm between contracts, then I'll likely go up and then come back to Atlanta for another contract if that happens. On the other hand if I'm able to land a job then I might still move in January.

4) I need to ramp up my Voice Over, Freelance Tech Writing and Freelance Project Management efforts so I can use them between contracts.

Nothing earth shattering this week, though I did see the Silver Screen Spook Show last night which was fun. :)

No comments: