Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vacation Day 3&4

So the first part of Day 3 I woke up and said goodbye to Greg and his family. Then Brett, Dad, Vivian and I went to have breakfast at the Egg and I, which was pretty good all things told. Then we went and hung out at Christy's where we played 20th anniversary Trivial pursuit. I left for home around 2:30pm CST. It was a pretty slow trip, and did not pass as fast as going up there in the first place did. Good radio music but I only got half a disc in for my PMP prep. Took a brief side trip to New Orleans to see if I liked the feel of the city. It was OK, but I didn't end up doing anything but stopping and eating at a Wendy's. As a result, I was several hours behind and so I had to stop in Alabama to get a hotel room.

The next morning I headed toward Atlanta, and still a slow trip. When I got to Atlanta, I picked up some new items to take with me on the plane trip but didn't stay there long. I visited a few of the more exotic shops in Atlanta that had always interested me that I'd never gone to (including a New Age book store and a 'Santeria' store near where Jennifer and I used to live) ending one of the last things in Atlanta itself that I'd always wanted to do but had not done. About the only two things left on that list are the Margaret Mitchell House and/or the Cyclorama and honestly at this point....yeah...probably not going to happen even if I find the time. Went to Mom and Skips and visited with them. Grandma is doing well. I cooked dinner (a bean and Pasta caserole.) We watched an episode of White Collar, Warehouse 13 and then Eureka. I then slept.

No comments: