Friday, August 19, 2011

Vacation - Day 6

I got a slow start because my ribs are killing me. I did some research and appearantly in almost all cases there is little to be done for it except wait for it. However I know in my case if I don't work out I don't heal well so I VERY carefully used the weights. They have a fantanstic gym. It hurt a little but was mainly very exhausting because of the amount of caution I had to take not to aggravate that area. I took some tylenol and that helped.

Attended 3 panels. One was a memorial for Joanna Russ. She sounded rather cool and someone I need to read. The second was on 'Creating Gods' and I learned some interesting tidbits on how to do that. The third was on the economy of biology in space (which included Greg Bear) and was really cool. Then I went to a Dresden Files Larp. I did pretty kickass actually in my opinion.

After that I randomly wandered the parties. I will say only two things on that: One...having people you know with you as you go to parties makes a huge difference and two...despite glacial progress I am getting better at this. Slightly. Kind of. Otherwise what happens in Reno goes to Vegas and stays in Vegas...

No comments: